Do you want to move to Australia? It is quite a lovely country where you can enjoy sunny days almost every day in a year. However, if you are moving from Japan to Australia, then you should organize your move properly. For this reason, here is the ultimate guide on moving to Australia.
Moving to Australia can be quite complicated. For this reason, here are some important general information about relocations.
- Personal items coming to Australia cannot exceed 632 USD and you have to own/use them for at least a year.
- Limitations for alcohol – no more than 2,25 liters, for cigarettes – no more than 25, and tobacco – no more than 25 grams.
- Vaccinations are required for yellow fever. It is recommended for measles, varicella, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, polio, and yearly flu shot.
- Specific requirements and examinations depending on your age, visa, and home country.
- If you are moving to Australia with your pet, then you must see which category your pet belongs to. Group 1 is pets coming from Cocos Islands, New Zealand, and Norfolk Island. Groups 2 and 3 need an import permit.
Moving to Australia – visas and work permits
You should visit the Australian Government Department of Affairs website to see which visa you need. Some of the common conditions you have to meet include the following points.
- Competent level of English
- Australia’s health and character requirements
- Sufficient funds
- An eligible job or profession
There are several types of working visas which include a Business talent visa (permanent), Skilled regional (temporary), Temporary work visa, and the Temporary skill shortage visa. You should apply for the visa application online on ImmiAccount that you can find on the Australian Government Department of Affairs website.
Life in Australia
Housing in Australia is not cheap. The average rent is around 304 USD per week while the average house price is 666,036 USD. In addition to this, you have to meet the 100 point criteria. If you want to buy a house as a foreigner, then you have to have approval from the Foreign Review Board. As for healthcare, it is a mix of private and public schemes. Public one does not cover everything, so most people purchase private insurance. If you give birth in Australia, your child will get citizenship if you are an ex-pat with permanent residency status. Otherwise, your child will receive the same residency status as you. Lastly, if you want to drive with your license, you need to get an International Driver’s Permit.
Moving to Australia – organizing a move
Lastly, moving from Japan stress-free means finding a good moving company. This especially applies if you plan to live there for a longer period of time. Start planning your move at least 6 months in advance since you are moving internationally. Make a budget and have enough savings so you can survive in Australia for at least a couple of months.
All the tips about the move
As you can see, this would be the most important information you should know when you are moving to Australia.hiring moversinternational moversmoving abroad